Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers

Tuesday, August 4, 2009

a quick prayer request

I promise a longer post tomorrow. Tomorrow morning I have to take Jack to let the doctor look at his ears. A few weeks ago, he came down with a really high fever for no apparent reason. I know that many of you don't know this but around his first birthday, he was at the end of a cold and one day spiked a really high fever. I'm talking 101 and higher. That day both Jon and I stayed home with him and boy am I glad we did. I called his doctor to schedule an appointment for that day. We gave him the standard Tylenol and Motrin and waited out the morning until his appointment. We had lunch with my mom at her work before we went to the doctor. On our way to the doctor, he got real quiet in his car seat and I turned around and realized why. He was having a siezure - it was brought on by a sudden spike of his fever. We pulled over and called 911 - when the ambulance got there his fever was 104. Needless to say he had another that night and we spent 4 hours in the ER. He had what is called a febrial siezure. Dr. Chally can't tell us if he will ever have another one so anytime he gets a fever we immediately call the doctor and she usually works us in. Anyway I got him in to see the doctor when he came down with this last fever and he had the beginnings of an ear infection. 10 days worth of medicine and now a recheck. He keeps getting ear infections in this same ear. Pray for a good outcome.

Also, please pray for me. I am going to the doctor at 11:30 tomorrow morning. For the past few weeks I have been having migraines - really bad ones at that. I had one a week ago Saturday that had me curled up in the bathroom floor in tears. Pray that the doctor can figure out what is wrong.

1 comments:

Your Gospel-Loving Friend said...

Oh my goodness! How scary- I'll be praying for little Jack! I have a friend whose son has those type of seizures with high temps. I had one in 98 but mine was grand mal & haven't had one since...

I'm so sorry you're having migraines. I fight those myself. I'll pray you find a GOOD doctor that can provide some answers! I look forward to hearing how it goes!