Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers

Wednesday, August 19, 2009

Because he thought he should tell me

Yesterday while at work Jon called me on my cell. In the midst of our conversation he asked me what the message from me on Skype was about and I told him to just listen to it and call me back. I told him to give me 15 minutes to finish something I was doing at work. Well 15 minutes came and went and then another 15 minutes came and went and then he finally called me back. Do you know what the first thing he said to me was? He said “sorry I lost my connection because there was an explosion so close that it shook the whole building and I could hear it and feel it.” The first thing that came out of my mouth was DO NOT EVER TELL ME OF ANOTHER EXPLOSION WITHIN 100 MILES OF YOU. He was so nonchalant about it and it totally freaked me out. I told him that I didn’t want to talk about it. Ever. Why do men feel the need to share things like that with the women in their lives when they know that we are sitting back here in the states worrying about things like that every waking hour? After he talked about a bomb exploding he just moved into another topic of conversation like it was no big deal. Why is it that men say women are so frustrating and hard to understand?

On a much lighter subject….

On Monday, I put a package in the mail to Jon with a webcam in it. Well last night as I am pouring milk in my Lucky Charms (that I had for dinner - Jack had a lunchable and I have no shame for that dinner either) my skype is ringing. So I answer it as I normally do when Jon calls but when I look back at the screen I notice that a video screen is popping up. Jon borrowed someone’s webcam and called us using that. I wish you all could have heard Jack saying “Hi Daddy” I started crying. He stood and talked to Jon for 10 minutes and then never left the room. I am simply amazed at this 2 year old that is my son. He has taught me so much over the past 3 months and he doesn’t even know it. He is the reason that I get up every morning. He is the reason that I am still the caring and loving person that goes out of my way to take my best friend to the airport even when she lives in St. Augustine and the airport is in north Jacksonville and offers to drive to St. Augustine to take care of her 2 dogs while she is out of town. He shows me love everyday no matter how tired I am, no matter if the laundry is done, if the floor is vacuumed, if I look a mess or actually like I took 5 minutes to get ready. He loves me because I am his mom and for that I am forever grateful. I know that he misses his daddy but he is only 2 and doesn’t really realize that 3 months have passed. I could tell that last night by the way he stood in front of this computer and just talked and talked and then went and got his trains and showed Jon his trains because he knew that he hadn’t seen them and then when I wanted to talk to Jon Jack looked at me and said “no Mommy”. What a great way to end the day. Sorry for getting all emotional.


0 comments: