Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers

Wednesday, August 26, 2009

When It Rains It Pours

I feel overwhelmed. Sometimes I feel like it is all crashing in on me. Today is one of those days and it is only 10:30 in the morning. When Jack woke up and then woke me up I kept thinking that today was going to be a great day. Jack was in a great mood and very helpful this morning. Things were going great until I got off of the interstate at the exit where Jack's daycare is. I got to the light and had to stop and all of a sudden the car started spitting and sputtering and acting like it was going to turn off. I freaked out because I had just taken it to the shop on Monday to get an estimate on a few things that I KNEW were wrong with it and needed to be fixed - well this wasn't one of those things. I had prepared myself yesterday for the mechanic's bill next week but not for this. I was less than a mile away from the auto shop and Jack's daycare (they are only a few blocks from each other). I had to stop a few more times because of stop lights and each time I would put the car in park and either turn it off or rev the engine. I finally made it to the garage - I had called my mom and asked her to come and pick Jack and I up. I also called my boss at the church - I absolutely love her - to let her know that I was having car trouble and wasn't sure when or if I would be in. My mom arrived, we got Jack to the daycare leaving the car at the shop to fix whatever is wrong with it. After we dropped Jack off, I took my mom to work and then headed to the church to talk to my boss. She is great and listened to me tell her everything that happened this morning. I asked her if I could work on Friday instead of today and she said yes to just go home and try to get everything figured out.

Before today, everday felt like it was raining on me but today it feels like it is pouring.

0 comments: