Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers

Tuesday, July 21, 2009

One phone call makes all the difference

The past few weeks have been really tough for me. I am still adjusting to being home alone with Jack pretty much all of the time. My mom lives right down the street but it is not the same as having Jon here. Being a military wife is a solitary life - I know that most of you will say that I should have known what I was getting myself into when I married Jon. I will say that I did know what I was getting myself into when we got married but until you experience a deployment, especially one during war time, you don't fully understand what military wives and families go through.

The last time I spoke with Jon on the phone was 2 days before he left for Kuwait. He called to wish Jack a happy birthday and to talk to all of my family for the 4th of July. That was until Sunday morning. I was cooking breakfast and the house telephone rang. I looked at the caller id and it was the privacy director so I answered thinking it was my sister from work. To my surprise it was Jon telling me to answer the phone. He was able to get a good internet signal and he and his bunkmate are sharing the cost of Skype. I talked to him for almost 20 minutes before we both had to go for the fear of him losing his connection in the middle of our call. He said that the internet service in Kuwait is horrible - it comes and goes. It was so good to hear his voice and it made my day much better. I haven't heard from him since but that is okay.

In the past 2 months, my relationship with Christ has become a lot stronger. I am praying daily that He keep Jon and his unit safe and to bring them ALL home. I have also started reading the Word on an almost daily basis and the Lord shows me new things everyday. I can feel the Lord's hand over Jack and I during this time that Jon is away. I have just had this on my mind for the past few days.

Please pray for one of my closest friends, Jessica. Her grandfather passed away Thursday afternoon at age 86. He was a WWII pilot and a God-loving, God-fearing man. This has been really hard on her because her grandparents pratically raised her. She has moved to North Carolina to try and have a relationship with her mom. Her mom left when Jessica was just a baby. Things are not going well in North Carolina and she wants to come home. Pray that God will show her what direction He wants her life to go in. Pray that I will be a good friend and have the strength and courage to just be her friend and that God will give me the words to say to her.

Here are a few of the pictures we had taken for Jack's birthday. Enjoy!










0 comments: