Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers

Tuesday, August 18, 2009

In Need of a Maid (or Rent-a-husband)

Yesterday was tiring. Everyday is tiring. I really wish my husband was home to help me do these things. I wonder if hiring a maid would help. Probably not - wishful thinking. I woke up at 7 am yesterday morning with a day full of things to do - it was my day off. I wish I could say that I sat around the house and did nothing but that is not the case. Yes, Jack was already up and ready to go. I got him dressed then proceeded to get myself dressed. I had to get his stuff ready for daycare for the week. After I got all of that taken care of, I gathered up everything that was going in Jon’s package. All in all it only took me about 30 minutes to get everyone and everything ready and to the door. Let’s just say I had never been so happy to get into the car than I was that morning. After I dropped Jack off at daycare, I went to the post office. Has anyone noticed that it takes a ridiculous amount of time to get in and out of the post office? I had to mail Jon a webcam and it took me about 35 minutes to get it mailed out. My grandmother was giving me her bedroom furniture and her and my uncle were brought it over yesterday. They got there by 9:30 and we had to take down my bed, take my clothes out of my old dresser and mover my bookshelf - which by the way is full of books and I wasn’t taking them out. We had everything set up and all of the extra furniture taken out of the house and into the bed of my uncle’s truck by 11 am. After my uncle and grandmother left, I proceeded to do laundry, wash dishes, change the cat litter and vacuum - well try to. My vacuum died - I have a 90 pound black lab. With black hair. That is everywhere. I went non-stop all day yesterday. I wonder if I should invent a rent a husband business - that would be awesome. Only 9 more months.

If I just keep telling myself that - only 9 more months.


2 comments:

Rachel said...

When Jeff is deployed I always miss his help around the house. It is amazing the difference when they get home. Chores I hate that Jeff takes care of- taking out the garbage and unloading the dishwasher!

Mama Kees said...

I didn't realize all the help I had when he was here especially with Jack. I sure will be happy when he gets home.