Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers

Thursday, August 6, 2009

A Diagnosis

So yesterday morning was full of doctor's appointments (see previous post for why). Report number 1 - Jack's ears are all clear. That is such good news. Report number 2 - I have been diagnosed with strees induced migraines. Hmm I wonder why?! My doctor put me on Topomax - which is a daily migraine prevention medicine. Side note - he got real serious when we were talking about this drug and he looked at me and said "Now there is one important side effect that I like to tell my patients about." I was sitting there thinking "Oh great he is going to tell me that if I take this that I am going to turn green" or something horrible like that. He then proceeds to tell me the side effect - (pause for dramatic effect) weight loss. I looked at him and told him that he would not be getting any complaints from this patient if I came down with that side effect. Back to report - he also gave me samples of 2 other meds to take for breakthrough pain. I am so happy to know what was causing the headaches and even happier that there is a medicine I can take for it.

This has nothing to do with all of that but I thought I would share anyway - my laptop has officially died. I have been putting off buying another one but it seems that I must now make that purchase. I am going to get a Dell mini.

Again this has nothing to do with either one of those things but tomorrow night my bestest friend Jess and I are taking a night off from our children. Her husband is a police officer in St. Johns County and works all the time so she is in the same boat as me (kind of). We are going to the Kenny Chesney concert tomorrow night and we are both so excited we can barely stand it.

That is all for now.


0 comments: