Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers

Friday, February 19, 2010

A Sweet Reward and A Future Gator

This week started off really good with a day trip to Savannah with my best friend Jess. We had such a good time. Tuesday was when the fun began. When I arrived at work on Tuesday I was informed that our email was still down. It went down late Thursday afternoon. The best part was that they had no idea when it would be back up. The week went downhill from there. Wedenesday greeted me with an issue at Jack's daycare involving him biting a child and then a teacher (not his teacher or even the director of the center) told my mom that the next time that he bit a child that I would receive a call telling me to come and pick him up for the rest of the day and if the biting continued then "further actions would be taken." Let me just says this and I will be done with it, since he has been there I have never been notified of the biting policy so all of this information was new to me. Today I had to go to St. Augustine to pick up a form to renew our license plate (we get it free - thank you National Guard) so while I was there I wandered in my home away from home - the place that I lived for almost 6 years. On my way out I went and treated myself and my bestie Jess to an amazing cupcake from Luli's. Jess had to work so I dropped it off at her house and then when I talked to her tonight both her and her son have the flu. I brought my cupcake home and throughly enjoyed the red velvet goodness. Here is a picture of it.



















So after I got home from St. Augustine I was trying to decide what Jack and I were going to do tonight. In case you don't know, I love all things Gators. Tonight down in Gainesville there was a softball tournament, a baseball game and a gymnastics meet. So away we went to Gainesville for the night and a good time was had by all. Jack was sure that we were going to watch "basketball" which in Jack translates to football but I had to break it to him that the Gators were not playing "basketball" and he wanted to take his ball and I had to assure him that they had plenty. I did however take him into Ben Hill Griffin and he was just astounded.
My Future Gator

Taking it all in


We had so much fun tonight. He wasn't so sure about all of the noise in the O'Connell Center tonight but he loved the band and he just sat and watched the gymnast flip and fly. I asked him if he had fun and he said "yeah mommy." He also told Jon "Gooo Gators" - I thought Jon was going to cry. :o)


0 comments: