Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers

Tuesday, February 23, 2010

Look who's gone all crafty

Ok, I admit I am not crafty. Not remotely. Not like Angela and especially not like Rachel but I am trying. When I started planning Jon's welcome home party, I started looking for invitations. Ok, here's the deal he will be home the weekend before Memorial Day and the party is Memorial Day weekend. I thought oh no problem on finding patriotic things online right. WRONG! So I decided to make my own - with a little help of course. There is a lady that I work with at the church that should really open up her own business making cards, no not greeting cards, but personalized note cards, thank you cards and invitations. She is great and so creative. Anyway back to my story. So I enlisted Debbie's help and decided to make my own invitations. I went to Hobby Lobby, Michael's and AC Moore yesterday and practically bought them out of their patriotic scrapbook paper (all sizes).

What I did was took what Debbie made and printed it out on white cardstock and then cut it a little smaller than the scrapbook paper and attached it to the paper with the ever fantastic glue dots and ta-da homemade invitations. I only have a picture of one right now because that is all I have done is one because trying to do them with a two year old in the house is a lot easier said than done. "Jack help, Mommy." I have about 8 or 9 different kinds of scrapbook paper so many of them will be different. I promise to put up more pictures as I get them but I really wanted ya'll to see what Debbie did cuz it is so cute (please forgive my horrible English right there).



2 comments:

Angela said...

Those are very cute! Nice job! And I am adding that date to my calendar right now. :)

Son and Julie said...

Love them! Before you know it you will be Martha Stewart! So excited for you! We should be able to make it, I know that we had to miss the going away party since Collin had just arrived...can't believe its been almost a year!