Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers

Friday, September 4, 2015

Another First Day

Yesterday was another first for Jack and Izzy. Izzy went to school all day with Jack without Jon or I being there. I had to work and Jon had taken the day off. I, of course, was a nervous wreck. Why you ask? Mainly because I am a mom, also because I knew that I wouldn't be in control of the situation. Something that I have begun to realize over the past few days - I hate not being in control of every situation that I am in or at least having a feeling of someone being in control. There I admitted it for the whole world to know and I am not ashamed.

Ok, so back to yesterday. Yesterday was a milestone day. Jack was able to show Jon and I, as well as all of the school personnel that he is working really hard with Izzy and that he (Jack) can control him. Other than 2 small issues that we will hopefully work out this weekend, they both did phenomenal. I am so proud of Jack for stepping up and showing us all just how mature and responsible he truly is. He loves this dog more than I can ever explain to all of you. He is so careful with him - he doesn't want to hurt him. Last week, Izzy's foot got hit with the door and Jack just started crying. Apologizing to Izzy for letting the door hit him, sitting in the floor with him to make sure he was ok. He has a very tender heart and love just pours out. Together the 2 of them conquered school. They did baseline county testing together, they went to music together. Izzy alerted a couple of times and they marched to the clinic together. They are fighting Type 1 together and it makes my mom heart explode!

They are at school together today and I can't wait to go at lunch time to hear all about their morning.

Thank you for praying for Jack and Izzy. May I please ask another prayer request? We have had a hard time over the last 2 weeks feeling comfortable with the nurse and nursing staff at Jack's school. Last week, he had some dangerous lows. This week, there have been 3 different nurses in the school. We have asked about his nurse from last year. They are going to check and see if she is available. Please pray for Jack and the other 4 Type 1 kids that they do well until a steady permanent nurse can be placed. Thanks.


For now.

Kim

0 comments: