Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers

Monday, September 28, 2015

Always Fighting

For the last 16 months, we have been fighting. Fighting a disease that doesn't play fair. Fighting for Jack to be a little boy. Fighting. We fight insurance companies. We fight pharmacies, We fight the school district. We fight the school. We fight others that don't understand or want to understand. We fight teachers. The fighting is very tiring. It adds on to everything we must do in a day to keep Jack safe and alive. We have fought for Izzy to be a part of our lives, to be there to help Jack, to go to school with Jack. I know that we can't stop fighting. To stop fighting is letting this disease win.

Without Type 1, life is a fight. Nothing is easy and never will be easy. Type 1 makes everything that much harder. Life is hard and I would be a fool to say that it wasn't. Many would ask if I lived under a rock if I said that life was easy. Type 1 compounds the problem - I don't even have Type 1. I know that Jon and I's life is harder because of it. I can only imagine how hard it is for Jack. Right now he lives in this blissful unaware state of 8 years old. I'm so grateful that he is blissfully unaware of the fight that is ahead of him - the fight that he is already in.

As I said in my last post, Izzy is working through the perceived danger that is Jack's classroom. He seems to be getting better. However, one of the teachers in the class seems not to like Izzy or the fact that he is in the class. Today, she made Izzy come home because he was pacing and not laying down. Jack's blood sugar was high and Jack was ignoring him. Izzy's answer to Jack ignoring him was to get up and pace and thus annoying Jack - yes, I said thus. Both of Jack's teachers told Jon that it was something other than that but Jon knew that it was just Jack's blood sugar. I don't want them to call me everyday because they perceive that he is bein disruptive.

I feel like I've come to the point that I don't want to fight anymore. I know that I have to fight for Jack, fight for Izzy and fight for other kids that will come. I know that we have a master champion in our corner and that through all of this His will is going to be done. God has an amazing plan for Jack and Izzy.

For now.

0 comments: