Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers

Friday, June 27, 2014

Almost 2 months

There are times that I can't believe the path that our lives have taken. Then there are times that I forget the new path our lives have taken. When you are suddenly forced to go a completely different way than what you wanted, it becomes an all out battle. I know that there are times that I tell myself that I don't want to do this anymore but I know that I have no choice because Jack's life depends on it. We have to be so on top of everything all the time. 2 months have almost gone by since the dramatic change. We have adapted well to this new life we are living. Just about 2 weeks ago I became very sick. I think that it was God's way of telling me that I needed to slow down and take care of myself if I am to take care of my family. I know that I can't do everything for everyone all of the time but there are times that I have no choice but to do it. That comes along with the territory of being a military wife. Jon wasn't home when Jack was diagnosed and then was gone a few more weeks after that and we have some time coming up that he will be gone again. Even though he is gone quite a bit for work he always comes home with a willing spirit to help and take over. I so love him for what he does for our family. He provides the majority of our income so that I can work part time and be there for Jack in any way that he needs. Life is tough. I know that God only gives me what I can handle. If I am faithful to what He has called me to do then He will recognize my faithfulness. Next Saturday as we celebrate Jack's upcoming birthday with friends and family, it won't be far from my mind that 2 months ago that day we were admitted to the hospital with the diagnoses of Type 1 diabetes. Instead of being sad about that diagnosis we will celebrate the fact that God has given us 7 amazing years with our little boy (who isn't so little anymore).


For now.

0 comments: