Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers

Monday, September 7, 2009

A Much Needed Vacation

So my best friend in the world had the most wonderful idea yesterday. We are going on a cruise. It is my Christmas present from Jon (via long distance). Jess' husband is a police officer and he is on the SWAT team so he is working all the time. She tells me it is just like he is deployed with Jon. They have a 1 year old son that has just as much energy as Jack. We are planning a 3 day cruise to the Bahamas in a little over a month and I can't wait to get on that boat and into the open seas. It is definitely a much needed vacation for the 2 of us. If it were up to me, we could just go and float in the Atlantic ocan for all I care.

On a completely unrelated note, a friend of mine is having her baby tomorrow. I grew up playing baseball with her brother and hanging out at their house all of the time. She is having a little girl and I know that everyone is excited. It is also getting really close to the time that some of my other friends have their babies.

That is all for now on this Labor Day. I talked to Jon today and their Iraqi interpreters had a cookout for the soldiers today. Jon said that the food was really good.

That's all for now.


2 comments:

Angela said...

Good for you!! A vacation sounds great! So what are y'all going to do with the kiddos while you're gone? I'm assuming you're not taking them with you.

Mama Kees said...

we are both so excited we can barely stand it. jack is staying with my mom and my friend's son is staying with her husband (who is off that weekend). you are correct that they are staying here.