Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers

Saturday, September 19, 2009

An ER trip

So today has been a very interesting day. We were scheduled to spend the day with my best friend and her son at the zoo. It started out that way. We went to the Original Pancake House for breakfast and then all loaded up in Jess' truck and headed to the zoo. As we were loading up the truck, I heard Jack say "uh-oh" and I looked and he had gotten sick. I just thought that he had gotten himself worked up in the restaurant and he was tired. I told him it was okay and put him in the truck and away we went. He eventually fell asleep. By the time we got to the zoo things had gotten worse. Jack was not himself. He didn't act like Jack. We were there about 45 minutes and decided that it was time to call the doctor and head to the emergency room. I carried him in and we were back to a room in about 15 minutes. He was dehydrated and had a temperature of 102.4. They came in and put an IV in his hand and gave him fluids. Here is a picture of him (in a much better mood once he got some fluids in him).



So we are both exhausted after those 3 hours in the Wolfson's ER. He is sleeping and I am on my way to bed.


0 comments: