Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers

Thursday, June 4, 2009

Lonely.....and CHICAGO!!!!!

Well it has been a week since Jon left and I can definitely say that it has been a long week. Jack has had a rough week which means that I had a rough week. For some strange reason he decided that he did not need his bottle/cup anymore at nap/bed time but this also meant that he had a harder time sleeping. - that lasted for a few days. Those few days felt lik I had been hiy by a bus. It is all better now. This past Friday night Jack stayed at my mom's. I didn't know what to do - I was all by myself for the night. I went to the mall and got dinner and then went to see a movie. I ended up seeing Night at the Museum 2. It was a really good movie. I then went home and watched the Gator softball game and then I went to bed. That night made me realize how lonely I really am. I am able to talk to Jon quite regularly but most times it is only for a minute or two because he has to go. It is just hard and I know that it will be even harder when he leaves for Iraq. It is going to take some time to get use to that's all.

On to happier news...

It is actually looking like the Army is going to stick by their leave dates for Jon and his unit. Those dates are Jue 26-29. And here is even better news - he will get to meet me in Chicago. I thought for sure that I was going to have to spend those 4 days at Ft. McCoy, Wisconsin. Let's just say that I wasn't exactly thrilled to be going to the middle-of-nowhere Wisconsin (again Google it). Now I can't wait for June 26th to get here - #1 because I want to see Jon and #2 because I have wanted to go to Chicago since I was like 7 and watched my first Cubs game on TV. I AM SO EXCITED!!!!!! We are going to stay in downtown Chicago and do all of the touristy things (I'm good at it because I went to college in St. Augustine). The only thing that we are not going to be able to do is go to a Cubs game. :( They are playing the White Sox at Cellular Field and the series is sold out. So we will be doing the next best thing - taking a tour of Wrigley Field!

Well I have to go b/c I have a very cranky boy that is in serious need of bed.

For now~

0 comments: