Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers

Tuesday, June 16, 2009

Counting down the days

I am a week and a half away from making my very first trip to Chicago. I am so excited especially because I get to spend it with my amazing husband. The only thing that will be missing is our little guy - who I am sure will not be missing me because he will be spending that time with his grandmother getting completely spoiled (thanks in advance mom). I am so excited to see that city and to hopefully get away from the scorching heat of Florida - if even for a few days. The downside to this trip is that I have to leave my house for the airport at 3:15 in the morning. Yes, you read that right. I have to leave that early so I can park my car, get on the shuttle to the airport, check my bag, pay Delta for my ONE bag, go through security and then patiently wait to leave for Atlanta. I will be making the trip from the westside of Jacksonville to JIA with a large Red Bull and something to eat from whatever restaurant is open at that time of morning. I don't think that I will be sleeping on the way to Atlanta - seeing how it is only an hour flight. I am forseeing a snooze in the Atlanta airport (layover 1 hour 25 min) of course that all depends if everyone and their brother is not at the Atlanta airport at 6 am next Friday. The flight to Midway is at least 2 hours so there will be napping on that plane. Random question - why do airlines like to fly the biggest planes on the shorter trips and the smaller planes on the longer trips?

Well I am off to bed. Tomorrow after I take Jack to daycare I am headed to the gym and then to work.

For now~

0 comments: