Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers

Friday, August 14, 2015

6 days!

Man, life has been crazy busy!! I feel like we have been going nonstop since Christmas. As many of you know we made the decision late last year to get Jack a Diabetic Alert Dog. We began working with Hub City Service Dogs to find and train a dog for Jack. Jack has a very, very difficult time knowing when his blood sugar is low. Most of the time he has no clue. It has been a long process but I know that God is in this and we have to do things in His timing.

Here we are, now 6 days away from our Izzy making his appearance. It definitely has been in God's timing. The first dog that we had didn't have the food drive needed to be a D.A.D. She is now a PTSD service dog for a soldier and I am so excited that she can help someone else. The second dog that we were introduced to was doing really well until just about 2 months ago. She started showing dog aggression and Bubba didn't want to bring her to our house and there possibly be a problem with Penelope. When Bubba called to tell us what was going on with the 2nd dog, I immediately became discouraged. He quickly told me that he had been secretly training another dog at the same time. He said that this dog was doing great and was actually ready to be placed. Our Izzy is going to be a 2 year old yellow lab. Our Izzy is a boy, not a girl. We decided to keep the name Izzy because that is what Jack picked out and I had just ordered a special dog tag for the dog's collar for school with the name Izzy on it. So on Thursday, August 20, our Izzy will be making the trip from Hattiesburg, Mississippi all the way to Jacksonville to join our family. Jack is over the moon excited about having this resource.

Life is going to change again - but this time in a good way. Many times I feel that life is always changing for us as Type 1 is so unpredictable. It changed when we went from daily injections to the insulin pump. It changed when Jack agreed to do a trial of the Continual Glucose Monitor (CGM). It will change when Izzy comes. It will change when we get his CGM.

In all of the change, it could have been easy to turn away from God. To turn away from His loving arms and support. To turn to the world and a "woe is me" attitude. Instead, we have run to God. Run to Him for comfort when scared, for strength when weary, for rest when so very tired. Run to Him for help when we didn't know what to do. We have continued to be faithful to God and what He has called Jon and I to do as Jack's parents. There are times when my brain is fuzzy and my body is tired that I have to tell myself that I am not alone. Jon and I are not alone in this walk. God has put so many people in our path that also walk this journey. What an amazing support group we have found.


Life changes. God does not.


We have started a Facebook page for Jack & Izzy so I am going to do my very best to update the blog as often as possible.

For now.

Kim

0 comments: