Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers

Wednesday, October 5, 2011

What a past 5 weeks!

These past 5 weeks have been interesting to say the least. 5 weeks ago today I had knee surgery to correct a problem that has been ongoing for the last 12 years. Everything went great with the knee except for a place down at the bottom of the incision. After keeping an eye on it and keeping it clean as I was told by the doc, he decided yesterday morning that it would be best to do surgery this morning. I do believe that if he could have gotten an operating room yesterday he would have done it then. He was very worried about it. I am now on an antibotic and a partial pain pill. The place that wouldn't heal looked gross but the wound now looks gross. I do believe that this will be TMI but you can see inside my leg. Yes I said that right - INSIDE my leg. Doc is letting it heal from the inside out. Should be interesting especially because I am having to change the dressing 3-4 times a day and it is awful. The first time I changed it I burst into tears - sobbing crying. Jon tried so hard to comfort me and it was so sweet but he had to leave the room because as he said "I'm a weenie." So needless to say I am having to change it out all by myself for the next week. Oh joy.

Next week is my 6 weeks post op appointment so I am praying the doc will allow me to take the brace off. I don't know if I could go even just another week with it on. I've also been "forbidden" to bend my knee and take a proper shower - that's almost as bad as having a gapping whole in my leg.

That is all for now.

Kim

0 comments: