Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers

Sunday, October 4, 2009

A New Occupation....Sort of

No I haven't gotten another job - I LOVE working at the church. What has happened is that since Jon is gone I have become a handy man...of sorts. Friday, my grandmother and I made a day trip to IKEA!!!! We had so much fun. I went down to get Jack a new bed and some other things. Once I returned home I had to put his bed together and then I had to go get curtain rods to hang and put up my new curtains. I got Jack's bed put together before his bed time. When I say that I had to put it together I had to really put it together. Here is the proof.



Here is his bed - pre set up. It came in 2 boxes and then the slats for the bottom of the boat.



This is his room before.



This is his bed in the middle of putting it together.



And here is the finished product. I am so proud of myself - the only downfall is that his matress is not the right size but that is okay.

The other project this weekend was hanging up curtain rods and curtains. The curtains that I bought from IKEA are a certain length and they come with an iron on hem strip so you can make them any length that you want them. Here is what it looked like before the curtains.





Here is what it looks like with 3 of the 4 curtain rods and curtains up.





I think that I did pretty darn good. In 2 weeks I am getting a new couch and a new chair for the living room. Jon really dislikes the couch that I am getting and probably will not like the chair either. I told him yesterday that he can turn the office/middle bedroom into his man room. He was happy with that idea. Now that I feel like my arms are going to fall off I am going to get the maintence man here at the apartments to hang the final rod because I have been having problems with it.

I hope that everyone had a great weekend.

1 comments:

Unknown said...

You go!! I love IKEA!!! :)