Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers

Thursday, November 7, 2013

My Hope

Right now I am watching My Hope with Billy Graham. God has used this man over the course of his life to reach millions and millions of people for Him. The coincidence of the airing of this program is that 13 years ago I sat in a completely full Alltell stadium listening to Billy Graham preach something very similar to this and God grabbing ahold of my heart. Also at that time my dad was drawing his last breath on this earth and making his way into the arms of his Father. I didn't know until I got home that evening that my dad had died. At that time I was so upset that I didn't get to tell my dad goodbye. I felt that I had been so selfish in going to that revival and not going to the hospital and being there with my dad when he needed me the most. I was so angry at God. After that I completely rebelled against God and everything that I knew was true. But in His mercy and love He welcomed me home with open arms, like the father welcomed home the prodigal son.
Now I have realized that God wanted me where I was that night. He didn't want me in the hospital watching my dad die. He wanted me in that stadium with people that truly loved me and cared for me. He wanted me to come home when I did so that my mom could tell me the news and the people that I loved more than anything in the world could be there to hold me and let me cry and mourn. The only thing that I can tell you that got me through that rough time of his passing and the time of rebellion after is the never ending love of Christ. When He saved me at 8 years old, I became His forever. Nothing that I can do will ever take me away from Him.
Please know that if you give your life to Christ, He loves you. He doesn't care about your past. He knows your sins and He took them all and placed them on the cross with Christ. He has forgiven them. He loves you. If you feel lost and alone, He is always there. He will meet you where you are. He loves you.

0 comments: